Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Girl From The North


Next weekend my friend Dear Abby is coming to South Cali to visit cause I'm on the move.
Abby and I met our last year of college in a class that was less than exciting. From then on we've been friends to the end.




Summer came...I went to South America and so did she. We were both out to do some good in different countries. After I wrapped up my work in Peru and before she started her work in Bolivia we decided to meet up somewhere. The chase began....I took shady buses along dodgy (and life threatening) roads and chased her across the South Continent....from Peru to Bolivia....I just couldn't catch up....


I finally found Dear Abby in Argentina, Puerto Iguazu to be exact. It was a blissful and adventerous reunion. Together we...


admired the beautifull falls and wished we could jump over to Brazil...since we lacked the visa requirements we decided to treat ourselves to fancy Argentine steak dinners, scale cliffs, and zipline through the Argentine forest. We also thought, "Lets go to Uruguay!"


And so we went for some more R & R. There we made a failed attempt to camp and dodged a thunderstorm instead, but we handled it cause ain't no storm gonna rain on our parade...shoot.

We ended our 5 day adventure together as we were on different routes and different schedules.

Dear Abby's my girl....can't wait till next week!

No comments: