Thursday, July 26, 2007

Post Travelling Blues



Last summer when I got back from my two month trip exploring South America I experienced post travelling blues...blues that I think turned into a bit of depression which I don't know if I ever really recovered from. Now, again, almost a week after my return from my mini trip to Costa Rica I find myself listless, restless, nostalgic, and just sad. There's just something about being on the move that completely satisfies my soul, and although that may sound a bit cheesy, its the truth and a fact. The people I meet and the experiences that occur really touch me.


For instance the cab driver and I discussing social issues and in the end he says, "Millones de personas millón de problemas" and he was the happiest guy in the world I think. Indeed he was.

And I love talking to other people who are on the move! It inspires me. I rafted for the first time, and jumped into a river for the first time. I was also in coffee heaven, I really think I could die on a coffee farm and be perfectly fine. I did a lot of reading, a lot of thinking, and only one drawing. There's beauty in being far far away from what's familiar and feeling completely comfortable and at peace.
Now as I try to "get back into the swing of things" I'm trying a little (just a little) to fight off that feeling of nostalgia...though I actually like relishing in it... just until I get annoyed with myself.
I'm also trying to make my next move and I'm not quite sure in what direction to make it just yet. However, I was told that its okay if I don't know and that as long as I keep moving I'll end up where I'm supposed to be...and that's perfectly fine.




No comments: